Every year, tourists travel in hordes to Japan to see its beautiful scenes and experience the Japanese way of life. From its “maid cafes” to Tokyo’s unique fashion lines, Japan has been surprising its visitors with cool stuff for years.
Here are a number of things anyone visiting Japan should, or might like to, know.
1. Trains and Buses ALWAYS come on time. In the rare case that they don’t, they pass out tardy notices for you to give to your employer.
2. Everyone eats KFC for Christmas dinner. Well, maybe not EVERYone, but at least a lot do.
3. Electronic toilets/bidets
4. Buttons for summoning a server at family-style restaurants
5. Touchscreen menus at many bars and restaurants
6. Free tissue packets handed out on the streets
7. Fancy Japanese coins. Their 5 and 50 yen coins have holes in them.
8. Japanese people are really into Yahoo!, but have been switching over to Google lately.
9. Multistory robot-operated parking garages
10. Really high-priced movie tickets
11. Love hotels everywhere
12. Heated toilet seats
13. Pachinko parlors everywhere
14. An incredible variety of KitKat flavors. Wasabi, anyone?
15. The world’s tiniest hotel rooms
16. Kids’-sized beverage cups for adults
17. Squat toilets
18. “Lucky bags” (sold during New Year’s)
19. Capsule hotels
20. Unique, cross-bred fruit
21. Vending machines of all types everywhere
22. Some of the world’s safest streets, on which you can go walking in the middle of the night with no worries
23. The complex blueprint of Tokyo
24. Clean, drinkable water from the tap
25. Hot springs just for your feet
So now that you have an idea of what Japan has to offer, who wants to go with me?