“I was so scared that the tadpoles will become frogs in my stomach?”

Pang Pang, a 9 year-old kid from China, swallowed over 100 tadpoles in an effort to cure his rash.


His grandmother had overheard from neighbors that this was a good treatment for a rash. She went right out to the local pond and grabbed a bowl full of tadpoles for her grandson. She then forced the boy to swallow 20 per day for a week.

After about 4 days Pang Pang became ill and went to the doctor. Although he was treated by the doctor, the boy was still worried that he might grow frogs in his stomach.


The Chinese do use tadpoles for medical purposes but only externally and they have to be prepared in a specific way.

Poor kid will probably never listen to his grandmother again… who apparently is naive and gullible.


Mui Mui
Mui Mui is another of our wonderful, yet weird, editors who also is a well established world traveler. Born in Asia, Mui Mui is our expert on whether the articles we publish remain appropriate and not offensive in nature. Mui Mui’s favorite place is Italy where she spent 4 years and eventually fell in love with.