Soda Can Explodes, Scars Boy’s Face for Life

Posted on September 14, 2012

Cola lovers want their cola cold, so at times they resort to putting it in the freezer to chill it faster.

However, some of you, after hearing of this poor boy’s fate, may not put your canned sodas in the freezer ever again.

In China, a young boy suffered greatly after a can of soda exploded in his face a few seconds after he took it out of the freezer. Aluminum shrapnel left him with a 38-stitch scar on his lower mouth, including seven stitches inside his mouth.

When a liquid is frozen, it expands. But in canned soda’s case, the carbon dioxide gas it contains is being compressed, causing a small explosion. This usually occurs inside the freezer, which then leaves the can in a deformed shape.

Link (1)

Genevieve Baxa

Genevieve Baxa

Genevieve Baxa is a college student living in the Philippines. She has a great passion in writing, especially in writing short stories. This unpredictable lady loves everything about East Asia. She is enthralled by the culture and fashion of these countries. She also loves everything about children; teaching them; taking care of them; and playing with them. In addition to that, Genevieve especially loves to go on Mission Trips and serving different kinds of people. Above everything else, she is a lady who fears her God.
Genevieve Baxa
Genevieve Baxa

Latest posts by Genevieve Baxa (see all)

« Go to post archive

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>