- maid_01_s - Read More → . . . . .
- southernsky - Read More → . . . . .
- World's Longest Japanese Yakitori Stick - Read More → . . . . .
- Chinese Woman to Pick Their Own Retirement Age - Read More → . . . . .
- Here Sweety, Steal this for Mommy - Read More → . . . . .
- Keyboard-bra1 - Read More → . . . . .
- - Read More → . . . . .
- - Read More → . . . . .
- China Uses Food to Belittle Japan - Read More → . . . . .
- moonchild - Read More → . . . . .
It’s not uncommon to view movie stars, basketball players, and models as fashion icons, especially considering that they can easily afford to look their very best.
It is, however, quite unusual to bestow the title of ‘fashion icon’ to an authority figure, let alone the world’s most brutal and nonconformist dictator. Yet according to the North Korean government, Kim Jong-il is exactly that—a fashion icon.
A report released Wednesday, April 8, through North Korea’s communist-party newspaper Rodong Sinmun claimed that Kim Jong-il’s sense of style—including a zippered tunic, matching trousers, and, of course, the infamous sunglasses—is a “global fashion trend.” (Telegraph)
Their exact statement was, “The Great General, who is always wearing the modest suit while working, leaves a deep impression on people’s mind. That is because his image as a great man is so outstanding.” (Newser)
Plus according to the report, an unidentified French fashion expert who backs their statement said, “[The] Kim Jong-il mode, which is now spreading expeditiously worldwide, is something unprecedented in the world’s history.” He basically made it sound as if the entire world’s fashion sense hovers around Jong-il’s unique albeit rather lackluster style.
The report goes on to declare, “People around the world are attracted to and following not only the jacket our Great Leader is wearing, but also his attitude, facial expressions, hand gestures, and even his handwriting.” (ABC News)
The report ends by proclaiming that Kim Jong-il’s zippered jacket is “the most valuable and noble item” in the world.
Someone be sure to forward this remarkable discovery to the likes of Anna Sui, Calvin Klein, Gianni Versace, and Thomas Burberry. They obviously have much to learn from the “great general”! (sarcasm alert)
Latest posts by V Saxena (see all)
- Japan Designs Chair to Cure Loneliness - December 9, 2014
- Childbirth Simulator Makes Men Cry Like Babies - December 3, 2014
- Applicant Denied Job Due to “Irish Alcoholism Nature” - November 12, 2014
In China, a man had a near-death experience by barely surviving three […]Posted onApril 14, 2010
Have you ever wanted to learn Japanese but didn’t have the drive […]Posted onApril 14, 2010
When it comes to the weirdest and most peculiar inventions, it is […]Posted onApril 14, 2010
Many big cities are now known for being polluted and lacking much […]Posted onApril 14, 2010
The YouTube video below shows an elephant causing a ruckus inside a […]Posted onApril 14, 2010