Boy, Pierced Through Stomach With 5 Foot Rod, Lives

Posted on March 18, 2009

Last week on March 11, 2009, India celebrated Holi, the Festival of Colors, where people run around all day throwing colored powder and liquids on each other.

Mihir Kumar, a 6 year-old boy, climbed up on a construction site’s roof to get a better view and watch the celebration.

The boy lost his footing and fell, landing on a 5 foot iron rod, which pierced his stomach.

Mihir was taken immediately to the hospital, where the rod was removed.

Doctors said it was a miracle that no critical organs were damaged and the boy was lucky to be alive.

Maybe next Holi, Mihir will stick to throwing colors at his friends and avoid climbing onto any rooftops.

(link)

Mui Mui
Mui Mui is another of our wonderful, yet weird, editors who also is a well established world traveler. Born in Asia, Mui Mui is our expert on whether the articles we publish remain appropriate and not offensive in nature. Mui Mui’s favorite place is Italy where she spent 4 years and eventually fell in love with.
« Go to post archive

21 thoughts on “Boy, Pierced Through Stomach With 5 Foot Rod, Lives

    1. sharat

      Thats a very hard lesson to learn, that too at that age…. :(

      But its better to be early rather being among the late goofers….

      Curiosity lead him there, else would have been enjoying the festival, But as u said Thank God n Goodness he is safe.

      Reply
  1. Snake Oil Baron

    Hey kid. Bite on this towel for a second while I put my foot on the side of your chest right beside the metal bar. It’s a good luck ritual. Yeah… A ritual. And uhh… close your eyes and count to three or something.

    Someone should superimpose a diagram of where the kids liver, lungs, pancreas, and diaphragm are in relation to the bar. The kid was very fortunate. Many such injuries result in a perforated bowel which can lead to a massive infection or damage to a major organ leading to complication after complication. In all seriousness the hospital staff deserve a round of applause and a tip of the hat to those who acted quickly to get the boy to the hospital.

    While the wound sites were no doubt cleansed, it is amazing how well the coagulation system has prevented a massive bleed out and the boy looks remarkably brave (he may have used up all his fear during the initial incident).

    Reply
  2. Belbe

    Is it just me or does this kid seem to not even notice he has a giant rod stuck through him and is worried more about the man lol

    Reply
      1. guest

        oh boobbiter it pleasures me enormously to see you are still thinking of my rod
        it seems like yesterday that you were graciously accepting my member in every orifice you have, you were insatiable
        that reminds me i hope those wounds have healed, i did not know that a dogs penis could swell that much, please call we miss you

        Reply
  3. sharat

    Sorry for the boy, just to end the Holi with a rod inside rather in – out of the stomach….. Sometimes
    You have to pay hard for Pleasure, such costly pleasure….

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>