TESTTEST

Meet He Pingping, the World’s Shortest Man

Posted on April 5, 2007

19-year-old He Pingping, who only measures 73 centimeters (2.4 feet), is applying for the Guinness World Record as the world’s shortest man.

Born in Huade county, Wulanchabu city in northern China’s Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, He Pingping was only the size of an adult’s palm at birth, according to his father He Yun.

However, his tiny size benefits him enormously. In January, he had the proud experience of attending a show in Tokyo, Japan, with the invitation of a local television station.

Interestingly, his home of Inner Mongolia is also the home to the world’s tallest man, 2,36-meter Bao Xishun, according to the Guinness World Records.

(中国日报)

88 thoughts on “Meet He Pingping, the World’s Shortest Man

1. aki

welll this newz is crap cuz u knp.. in nepal .. thirz 16 yr old boy whoz 2 ft.. so plz…
      i think you should cheek detailss.. of both..
      xx

1. Hel

16 years old doesnt get classed as man. So maybe your Nepal chap is the smallest boy. So perhaps you should check the details before dismissing as crap! as you say.

1. Hel

I agree with you. He is the cutest wee person I have ever seen and I want to adopt him. Little man with big attitude. I love him.

1. Sarah

Awwwwwww.
    He is absolutly adorable.
    :]]
    I feel bad,
    but he has the life.
    Ahahah.

I must say you are rocking the suite.

2. Just me

TO the woman claiming it must have been an easy birth. I gave birth to my daughter she was 1.7 pounds and just under 12 inchs long and it was NOT an easy birth. Squeezing anything out of that area of your body is not an easy task. 13 yrs later I had her brother 7 pounds and 19 inchs long neither birth was easy. But this young man is adorable and as much as we want to sit and think he is so cute he has regardless of who will admit it has been discriminated against all his life

3. maggie

THIS UNIQUE YOUNG FELLOW HAS MORE THAN
    LIKELY FACED SOME CHALLENGES WE MAY NOT
    EVER KNOW; HOWEVER FROM WHAT I HAVE
    READ ABOUT HIS YOUNG LIFE HE SEEMS TO BE
    LIVING AN ENJOYABLE ONE. MY HOPE IS THAT
    HE IS ABLE TO LIVE A LONG PRODUCTIVE LIFE.
    MONGOLIA HAS RECEIVED MORE INTEREST DUE
    TO THIS ADORABLE YOUNG MAN!! ALL THE BEST TO HIM AND HIS ENDEAVORS!!

4. Todd

This is now the fourth story about someone from China having something unusual happening. World’s tallest man, world’s shortest man, the guy with the huge tumor on his face and the conjoined twins. While I’m not a fan of big governement, someone needs to step up in that country and figure out why there are so many freakish things happening to these poor people.

1. Mo

He Pingping, the man applying for the world's shortest title, has osteogenesis imperfecta – and the man with the tumor has neurofibromatosis – neither has anything to do with being in China – they are seen world-wide. The only issue might be a lack of medical care for the conditions so far advanced. When you select a quarter of the world's people (China's population) you are bound to find a lot of extremes.

2. Shawn Hirn

Todd; how many people are Chinese? One billion? Four out of 1,000,000,000 is insignificant any way you look at it.

5. TANYA

MAN OF THE MILLENIUM!!!!!!!!!!!
    He extrodinary creation of god! May God Bless Him In All ways. He is just my age god so cute and good boy

Your parents must be realy lucky to get a guy like you

6. Ice Cucumber

I hear he is from the same village as the world’s tallest man. When is he getting married? Man, if I were that size any woman would be fun… in an amazon kind of way… sorry.

1. super dav

u r so right i alwasy wondered what it was like to be with an amazon and man i just wonder a what it is like to just be him for a day

1. =)

thats slavery, asshole. but i understand. how about adoption? it sounds nicer. if only he werent too old to be adopted..

7. Joy

I wonder if he is healthy and if his life might be shortened by this oddity . Is there a medical name for his condition?I am egar to learn more about this .

1. kiana

Yes Joy Pingpings life life will be shortened because he is a primordial dwarf and he will sadly only live to somewhere around thirty years old because of his condition.

8. Madalynn

He is so small! It’s just weird when you look at a picture of him and the former tallest man! I don’t know if I should feel bad though…..

9. CHUNG PING LOU

bare tingue is better but this is a cool chinky. I bet he loves his FWIED WICEE with chicken noodle soup. HE PINGPING what a name!

10. Jamal

wouldent it be like full on funny to just kick him ful on through the air – or throw his over a rugby post. I would be honoured if i was allowed to do this LMAO.

11. kiana

Pingping is one of a kind. When I saw him and his family on telly I really hoped that he was the worlds shortest man and when I found out he was I was overjoyed. Pingpings family really needed that money for a new house, to live in a new country and basically a new life. I have to admit I was very surprised when I found out Pingping smoked I thought it seemed very out of character considering he didn’t have very long to live in the first place. Good luck to Pingping.

12. Matty

Firstly I would like to say that there are some very oversensitive people on this site….. get over it, yes it is amazing – he is very small – but this is due to a medically diagnosed disability he is not just an average joe who was born small. Also (having seen the TV show on which he appeared) he didnt seem like a very nice person at all, expecting huge amounts of money to appear on TV (fair enough I suppose) and then caring about nothing apart from where his next ciggarette or joint (yes, accarding to several reliable pages he smokes weed) is coming from.

So if you could “buy” him (He makes his living off being “cute” why would he find this offensive, the more people who go “awwww I wish I could have one” the more money he makes) why would you want to. Also there are plenty of people in the world who live in poverty if you can afford to smoke that much weed and tobbacco he can be that poor off.

1. GritsNGravy

So what if he smokes weed or tobacco? how many people you know get drunk when they can’t pay the bills? hmmm? Anyways i for one would love to smoke a fatty with this guy… Looks like a little bundle of joy to be around lol!

13. zainab

i tink he iz da bst!!!!!!
    we people are nt at known by any 1…..
    so itz useless dat we are livin………
    bt diz boy…………..
    hiz height nly made hiz life bright!!!!!!!!!!
    he iz so damn luky!!!!!!!!!!!
    he iz da bst!!!!!!!!

14. ashhh bashhhh

ahhh leave him alone he issss soooooooo cute i just wanna pik him up and cuddle him ….. he is soooo small and adorable

15. nonz

Feel sorry for my man. As long as he accepts himself, he will be fine. Live longer man. Be a mirracle again and out live that age they say you are likely to live for a short time because of your height. just live longer man.

16. madguy

you guys and girls are fuckin meen how would you like it if you were that small true he gets some pirks but how bad would it be if you coulndt even look at youre wife without getting a latter and binoculores and looking strait up dam and if you comment negitivly to this go die in hell fagot

17. Pingback: Has Guinness found a new world’s smallest man? | Asian Correspondent

18. Pingback: China Smallest Man « China Weird News

19. Pingback: Battle For World’s Shortest Man Title Heats Up | International News